Audio Recording & Production Essentials
Home Studio Recording and Production for Independent Musicians
Want a SNEAK PEEK?
Check out this video from inside the course to learn how to choose a microphone for your home studio!
This course is geared more towards beginners who are looking to:
- Record professional sounding music from their own home.
- Figure out what gear you need and how to use it.
- Learn my creative process and workflow for writing original music and arranging cover songs.
- Gain more advanced production skills through an entire start-to-finish song walkthrough.
- Learn from a professional, Billboard charting independent musician with over 10 years of experience.
I use Logic Pro X, but the course focuses on teaching concepts and techniques that can work within any DAW.
39 Video Lessons
Over 5 hours of organized training videos teaching you how to professionally record and produce your own music from home.
Album Launch Planner
A day-by-day planner to help you plan and organize your album release so you can maximize the return on the launch.
Cover Song Walkthrough
I take you step by step through my process of arranging a popular cover song from concept to finished song.
1. The Benefits of Recording and Editing Yourself
2. Putting Together Your Own Home Studio
How to Choose Your Home Studio Gear
4. Audio Interfaces
6. Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs)
8. Studio Monitors & MIDI Keyboards
9. Sample Instruments
10. Producing Yourself vs. Working With a Producer
11. Advice for Working with Arrangers and Producers
Arranging & Composing
12. My Creative Process for Arranging
13. My Technical Process for Arranging
14. My Creative Process for Composing
15. My Technical Process For Composing
16. Don't Wait Until You Feel Inspired to Write
17. How to Write a Song: Emotion & Storytelling
18. How to Write a Song: Your Tools
19. How to Write a Song: Melody
20. How to Write a Song: Chord Progression
21. How to Write a Song: Song Structure
22. How to Write a Song: Lyrics
Home Studio Recording
23. How to Set Up For Home Studio Recording
25. Setting Appropriate Gain & Volume Levels For Recording
26. Recording With a Click Track
27. My Recording Process in Logic Pro X
28. Editing Your Recording in Logic Pro X
Mixing & Mastering
29. How to Use Reference Tracks To Improve Your Music
30. An Overview of Mixing
31. Basic Mixing Process
32. Basics of EQ, Compression, Delay, Reverb & More Mixing Tips
33. Basic Overview of Mastering
Cover Song: "Toss a Coin to Your Witcher"
35. Templates, Samples & Synths
37. Rough Editing (Copy & Paste, Quantize, Etc)
38. Recording the Melody
39. Mixing & Mastering
14 DAY REFUND POLICY
If my course isn't the right fit for you, I offer a full refund policy within 14 days of your purchase.